Monday, June 9, 2014

Day #2

Day two and my happiness came from a walk in the rain, followed by a hot shower and poached eggs on toast.  Now I am supposed to be settling down to writing a couple of new songs for my 'Winter Warm-Up' concert in July.  Which I will do and love, shortly.

I have been a yoyo lately.  It's not unusual - I'm often a yoyo.  But, I've been a lot more down than up in the past couple of months.  It could be menopause (hooray)!  It could be that I'm lacking in iron (which I'm yet to be tested for, but usually am). It could be constant confusion about my career.  It could be the fact that it's been really hard to drum up work this year.  It could be that I have more time on my hands (which is what I wanted, but have never been good at), OR it could simply be me.

I said I would be straight up..ish..so, here's the truth. Starting last term, I have rung, emailed, rung, emailed and emailed again many Kindys and ECCs in Christchurch - around 75 - to try to get a two week tour together.  I've sent some of them "Dragons Under My Bed", free, to entice them. Yesterday morning I only had 3 gigs booked - THREE!  But very happily a preschool with 2 centres booked a gig for each, so YAY, it's worth going for an overnight-er.

Sometimes it's hard to stay positive - I even had a friend do some ringing for me because she offered and I jumped at the chance!  It's hard trying to sell yourself - much easier for someone else to do it!  She found it difficult. That was, in some way, comforting.

No comments:

Post a Comment