Saturday, June 21, 2014

Life

It's been a few days!!  The thing is....I only need to write when things aren't going well or I'm not feeling great.  I guess that's true with a lot of song writers, and poets.   (That's not true when it comes to writing children's songs of course.  Imagine if I only wrote them when I was feeling down!  There'd be depressed kids all over the place!)

I started this blog when I was a bit low.  Deciding to have '100 Happy Days' has really helped me to focus on the good things each day.

Also, things in general have picked up - as they tend to do.  

A good friend said to me, after listening to a woman talk about a near death experience that 'Death' was soothing, calm and peaceful...where as 'Life' was screaming at her, right in her face, yelling at her to get up, get going, get moving......

Life IS full on, it's not an easy road, it's hard work, it sometimes does scream at us (and we want to scream back!)  It sometimes slaps us in the face.  It bemuses and confuses us.  It requires effort.  

It's full of ups and downs, ebbs and flows, highs and lows, good times and bad...it's a matter of managing the rough patches and making the most of the good times.  No one can possibly be happy all the time - can they?

Here are some pics of what I think are some of the joys of life....












No comments:

Post a Comment