Thursday, June 12, 2014

Days 3 & 4

A duck waddling as fast as it's legs would carry it up the driveway in front of my car, a caravan made out of a Barbie tissue box, being in the recording studio and eating a yummy custard square.

Happy days 3 & 4.

After reading my last two posts I decided that no one really wants to know all the ins and outs, all the details of my musical career - unless, perhaps, if they are a musician, as they'll be having the same struggles no doubt.  So, not so many details from now on.

I had a sudden revelation this morning and nutting it out in my head  (well, ok, out loud!) (I'm sure the driver in front of me must have thought I was MAD!) on my drive into Nelson helped put things into perspective.  Sometimes I need to 'get stuff out' - even if no one is listening - and once it's out, it's not quite so all-consuming any more.  Suffice it to say, I feel a lot better today.

I also came up with a new riff last night.  First time I've sat down with my guitar to think about writing some 'adult' tunes.  It felt satisfying!  I really think I need to be in a band again - an 'adult' band.  So I shall pursue this idea.  I do recall pursuing it a while back by putting it out there on Facebook, only to freak out as soon as people wanted to join my band.  Don't ask me why.  That's just me.

Music is good for the soul - we all know that - and I guess doing it for a living is all well and good - and I DO enjoy the musical side of my 'job' - but I need to do something for myself as well. Timing is everything and now is the time for me do do some adult band stuff, again.

And one more thought for today while you pursue your own happiness - if someone close to you isn't pulling their weight, let them know!



No comments:

Post a Comment